The Fireblossom tree is an incendiary botanical, a tree that is continuously on fire to no harm to the plant itself (and possibly other items). By Spring of One, Third Age of Aristocrats, the fireblossom trees had been extinct for at least one hundred years.
As an extinct species, the fireblossom tree had a stark black trunk with no leaves or flowers, just spindly branches. It is unknown if the black trunk was due to the tree being dead or if that was the natural colour and state of the trunk.
It is mentioned that a fireblossom tree (or at least a dead one) is nearly impossible to chop down and can be an eyesore for gardeners.
Behind the Scenes
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (First appearance)
- Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow
- Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow
Notes and References
- It is unknown at this time if Incendiary Botanical is another name for the Fireblossom tree or if it the family name of similar plants and fireblossom trees are one of many types of Incendiary Botanicals.
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow, Chapter 9 (Wundrous Welcome) - "...the whole species is extinct and impossible to chop down. Bit of a sore spot with the gardeners." (Jupiter North)