|"He glowered at her—covered in flour, icing, and sticky caramel"
This article or section needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality.
- "Meet the Angel Israfel. None sing so wildly well."
- ―Jupiter North[src]
Israfel, also known by his stage name The Angel Israfel, is a celestial being and a singer at the Old Delphian Music Hall.
Personality and Traits
Abilities and Skills
Israfel is a variation on the name Israfil (إسرافيل), a name of unknown meaning. Israfil is one of four archangels from Islamic tradition and the one who will blow the trumpet to signal the coming of Judgement Day. In Judeo-Christian traditions he is linked to the angels Raphael or Uriel.
Trivia and Behind-the-Scenes
- Israfel is the title of an Edgar Allan Poe poem which seems to be inspired by the Islamic character
- The phrase 'None sing so wildly well' shows up in this poem in the third line
- Israfel is also a character in the popular anime/manga Evangelion.
- Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (First appearance)