The Nevermoor books make up the popular series written by Jessica Townsend. The series is set to span between six to nine books. Three have been published so far (as of 2020). The first book has had it's movie rights bought by FOX.
The series follows a young girl called Morrigan Crow, who is believed to be cursed, and her adventures through The Wundrous Society. The stories tell of her learning about about a special gift she possesses and her journey to use and control this gift. The first book, Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow, was published in Australia in 2017 by Hachette Australia.
The following is an incomplete list of publishers of the books all over the world.
- Australia: Hachette Australia.
- The United Kingdom: Orion Children's Books
- The United States and Canada: Little, Brown Young Readers
- Croatia: Znanje
- Czechia: Albatros
- Denmark: Gyldendal
- Finland: Otava
- France: Pocket Jeunesse
- Germany: Dressler Verlag, Oetinger
- Hungary: Kolibri Kiadó
- Indonesia: Nourabooks
- Latin America: Planeta
- Netherlands: Luitingh-Sijthoff
- Norway: Vigmostad Bjørke
- Poland: Media Rodzina
- Portugal: Nuvem de Letras
- Spain: Destino
- Sweden: Bokförlaget Semic
- Turkey: Domingo Yayınevi
- Ukraine: Vivat
Titles in Series
The author has published three books in the Nevermoor series and is currently writing the fourth. There are will be at least six books in the series, though the author has expressed her hopes to have nine books by the time the story is complete.
The following is a list of the published, and soon-to-be published, books in the Nevermoor Series. The first novel takes place over a year-long period of time beginning around the first of the year. The second and third take place over shorter periods of time: the second taking place from the beginning of the new year to just after Hallowmas and the third beginning just before Christmas and ending sometime in autumn. On an Instagram Stories Q&A, Townsend said that "some books will take place over a shorter period of time. [Morrigan] certainly won't be 19 in the last book."
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (AUS release: 10/10/17; US release 31/10/17)
- Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (AUS & UK release: 30/10/18; US release 13/11/18)
- Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (AUS release: 29/09/20; UK release 15/10/20; US release 27/10/20)
- Silverborn: The Mystery of Morrigan Crow (not yet published; expected October 2022)
Since the inception of the Nevermoor series, the stories have also been released as audiobooks. In English countries the audiobooks are narrated by Gemma Whelan. The audiobooks were released in both CD and online audio formats.
Behind the Scenes
North American Covers
United Kingdom Covers
Notes and References
- https://www.thebookseller.com/news/hcg-signs-three-more-townsend-s-nevermore-series-1013431 Only six books have been acquired at this time, but Townsend has plot outlines for nine books.
- @digressica Instagram Stories, June 30 2020